Having a fun afternoon with your grandchildren doesn’t have to involve buckets of sweat because of the uncomfortable Southwest Florida heat! There are so many things to do indoors in beautiful Naples to escape rising summer temperatures. One activity to consider with your grandchildren is an afternoon of fun at Coastland Center Mall.
Coastland Center Mall – at the corner of Tamiami Trail (US 41) and Golden Gate Parkway – offers lots of fun activities for grandparents and their grandchildren. At first mention, you might not be inclined to bring your grandchildren to a mall; after all, what small child enjoys being dragged into several shops? However, the Coastland Center Mall offers an array of activities within a very cool, air conditioned environment. Here are just a few things you might consider doing with your grandchildren at Coastland Center Mall:
- Take a ride on the carousel. The mall’s old fashioned carousel is located near the exterior doors at the food court. This carousel is always a favorite with young children, who enjoy riding the traditional carousel horses around and around. The carousel itself was handmade and handcrafted by Venetian artists and may be ridden anytime during mall hours.
- Build your own stuffed animal. Visit Build-a-Bear with your grandchild and enjoy letting him or her build a stuffed animal.
- Play at the indoor playground. At the center of the Coastland Center Mall, directly across from the Food Court, there is a very popular playground. Grandparents can enjoy playing with their grandchildren on the various features.
- Build a sundae at You Say When Yogurt. Take your grandchild to this popular eatery and let him or her add a variety of toppings. Sit and enjoy dessert together at one of the many tables in the food court.
- Play a round of indoor mini-golf. Visit Glow Golf to play a round of indoor mini-golf with your grandchildren. Create a fun memory with them at this relatively new attraction. You can play 54 holes of mini-golf for one price! Glow Golf is only accessible via an outdoor entrance across from The Cheesecake Factory, and the hours are limited during the school year.
- Visit the dogs at the Humane Society of Naples. Take a walk through The Humane Society’s storefront in the mall, and check out the dogs and cats available with your grandchildren. They will enjoy seeing all of the animals – just make sure they know ahead of time they will not be bringing any home with them!
Enjoy these activities with your grandchildren as the temperatures climb and the sun is intense. Naples offers so many fun things to do, and creating memories with the little ones in your life is easy in this convenient town.